The is my video of Tuck Everlasting.
I created some memes today to go along with the books that we have been reading in class.
Have you ever read a book that you were so into and then when it finished you were sad? I just finished such a book yesterday. Tuck Everlasting is that kind of book because it is very thought provoking. Most people have thought about what it would be like to live forever. Would it be a blessing or a curse? Tuck Everlasting tackles that question and gives many the pros and cons of living forever. The Tuck family accidentally drink from a magical spring and later discover that they will live forever. Soon the reader discovers the reality living forever told from the point of view of each character.
There is suspense and intrigue in this story. The main character, 10 year old Winnie Foster, has to decide whether or not to drink from the spring. She has to make difficult decisions as life is thrown at her. She is kidnapped, helps her captors escape from jail, and finally returns home as a changed girl. She learns much from the Tucks and is a heroine in the story. The ending is quite different from where Natalie Babbitt takes the reader. You may be disappointed or agree with Winnie’s final decision. Written in 1975, Tuck Everlasting is a book for the ages.
Click on the link below to watch the powerful video about the power of words. It is the first in a series. This features a blind man who begs for money and the people who pass his way. It is tearjerker and very powerful.
The Power of Words
What do you think about this video?
Top Ten Things To Do In Houston To Beat The Heat
Houston’s summers can be quite brutal. From 10 am to 8 pm, you feel like you are in a sauna or a conventional oven. The humidity is down right offensive. The heat index may rise to 110! UGH! If you live in Houston, you really want to find ways to enjoy the summer, and most importantly, beat the stinkin’ heat! Here are some cool ways to have some fun and beat the suffocating heat:
- Make sure you stay in the air conditioning. So if that is the case, then going to the air conditioned museums would be a nice thing to do. The Houston Museum of the Arts is a great place to go to enjoy some great art work. The Houston Museum of Natural Science is another great place to get away.
- If you want to save some money, then go to one of the libraries in Houston. Spend some quiet time on the computer or browse some great books and magazines. There are come comfy places to lounge and be taken away to some other cool place in the world. The air conditioning is to die for.
- Catching a matinee at any of the movie theaters is a great idea. Don’t forget to bring along a sweater. It get really cold in the theaters. Some theaters are even offering discounted pricing for the old flicks. Chow down on some Goobers and popcorn. The Icy’s are waiting. Ahhh! It is a great way to beat the heat.
- Go to summer school at Westwood. We are offering a great way to get away from the heat in my class called the Blitz. You can browse the internet, create video productions, blog, and share your ideas with a wonderful learning community. Don’t forget about book club and poetry after lunch! What a nice cool way to spend the day. Oh, and we have some indoor cool basketball to play just before lunch. Don’t sweat the heat! Join The Blitz.
- The YMCA around Houston have indoor and outdoor swimming pools. You might want to take a dip earlier in the day or in the evening to beat Houston’s scorching heat.
- Go out to breakfast at Las Locas Fajitas. They have the best breakfast tacos alive! My favorite is the egg, ham, cheese, and potato taco with a flour tortilla. Don’t forget the salsita and huge cup of refreshing iced tea! Delicious and filling!
- There are a zillion and a half restaurants in Houston that will allow you to beat the heat and get your grub on. If you are in the mood for some great fajitas and salsa that you could literally drink, I strongly recommend you going to Pappacitos. They have the most tender beef and chicken fajitas. The chips and salsa is to die for. The salsa can be used for the chips, but also to make some great fajitas mini burritos with the tortillas de harina(flour tortillas.) The flour tortillas are made fresh daily and come piping hot to your table.
- If you want to go out to dinner and you have a hankering for some hamburgers, then I highly recommend Fuddruckers. Their hamburgers are enormous and their wide cut fries are perfect. Don’t forget to go to the toppings bar to get all of the pickles, lettuce, and tomatoes that your little heart desires. Plus, they have queso to put on the fries. One type of queso is normal and the other has jalapenos in it. I like the kick the jalapenos give it, I drench my fries in it instead of the usually ketchup. The air conditioning is wonderful too!
- If the spirit is moving inside your bones, Houston’s churches, synagogues, and mosques all are air conditioned. It is another way to beat the heat and add some prayer to your life!
- To beat the heat, you might want to go to the Memorial City Mall. There are a zillion stores to visit and an ice skating rink! You will get lost in all of the shops that it has to offer. Don’t forget to add a smoothie or some frozen custard to your agenda that day. It will definitely cool you off!
- Stomach virus or food poisoning. I hate getting sick like that. I would rather have a soar throat than get that stomach virus. There is no relief from the this sickness.
- The body-coughing-aching-sneezing-fever kind of flu is not nice. You can’t sleep because of the cough or stuffiness. You get fever and have crazy dreams. You feel weak and your body aches all over. Still, though, it is better than the stomach virus or food poisoning.
- The common cold. This is less daunting than the flu, but last about two weeks.
I am sure that there are others, but these top three are the worst.
- Why do you think the stranger is so cruel?
- Do you think tuck is right?
- Do you think Winnie is going to do Jessie said?
- Do you think Mae Tuck is going to be arrested?
- Why do you think Miels is important?
1 2 3 … 7 Next