Top Ten List-Houston and Summer

Top Ten Things To Do In Houston To Beat The Heat

houston

Houston’s summers can be quite brutal. From 10 am to 8 pm, you feel like you are in a sauna or a conventional oven.  The humidity is down right offensive. The heat index may rise to 110! UGH! If you live in Houston, you really want to find ways to enjoy the summer, and most importantly, beat the stinkin’ heat!  Here are some cool ways to have some fun and beat the suffocating heat:

1. Make sure you stay in the air conditioning. So if that is the case, then going to the air conditioned museums would be a nice thing to do. The Houston Museum of the Arts is a great place to go to enjoy some great art work.  The Houston Museum of Natural Science is another great place to get away.
  2. If you want to save some money, then go to one of the libraries in Houston. Spend some quiet time on the computer or browse some great books and magazines. There are come comfy places to lounge and be taken away to some other cool place in the world.  The air conditioning is to die for.Houston Library
  3. Catching a matinee at any of the movie theaters is a great idea. Don’t forget to bring along a sweater. It get really cold in the theaters. Some theaters are even offering discounted pricing for the old flicks. Chow down on some Goobers and popcorn. The Icy’s are waiting. Ahhh!  It is a great way to beat the heat.
  4. Go to summer school at Westwood. We are offering a great way to get away from the heat in my class called the Blitz. You can browse the internet, create video productions, blog, and share your ideas with a wonderful learning community. Don’t forget about book club and poetry after lunch!  What a nice cool way to spend the day. Oh, and we have some indoor cool basketball to play just before lunch. Don’t sweat the heat! Join The Blitz.westwood
  5. The YMCA around Houston have indoor and outdoor swimming pools. You might want to take a dip earlier in the day or in the evening to beat Houston’s scorching heat.
  6. Go out to breakfast at Las Locas Fajitas. They have the best breakfast tacos alive! My favorite is the egg, ham, cheese, and potato taco with a flour tortilla. Don’t forget the salsita and huge cup of refreshing iced tea!  Delicious and filling!Las locas fajitas
  7. There are a zillion and a half restaurants in Houston that will allow you to beat the heat and get your grub on. If you are in the mood for some great fajitas and salsa that you could literally drink, I strongly recommend you going to Pappacitos. They have the most tender beef and chicken fajitas. The chips and salsa is to die for. The salsa can be used for the chips, but also to make some great fajitas mini burritos with the tortillas de harina(flour tortillas.)  The flour tortillas are made fresh daily and come piping hot to your table. pappacitos
  8. If you want to go out to dinner and you have a hankering for some hamburgers, then I highly recommend Fuddruckers. Their hamburgers are enormous and their wide cut fries are perfect. Don’t forget to go to the toppings bar to get all of the pickles, lettuce, and tomatoes that your little heart desires. Plus, they have queso to put on the fries. One type of queso is normal and the other has jalapenos in it. I like the kick the jalapenos give it, I drench my fries in it instead of the usually ketchup. The air conditioning is wonderful too!
  9. If the spirit is moving inside your bones, Houston’s churches, synagogues, and mosques all are air conditioned. It is another way to beat the heat and add some prayer to your life!
  10. To beat the heat, you might want to go to the Memorial City Mall. There are a zillion stores to visit and an ice skating rink! You will get lost in all of the shops that it has to offer. Don’t forget to add a smoothie or some frozen custard to your agenda that day. It will definitely cool you off!

Top Three Worst Ways to Get Sick

1. Stomach virus or food poisoning. I hate getting sick like that. I would rather have a soar throat than get that stomach virus. There is no relief from the this sickness.
  2. The body-coughing-aching-sneezing-fever kind of flu is not nice. You can’t sleep because of the cough or stuffiness. You get fever and have crazy dreams. You feel weak and your body aches all over. Still, though, it is better than the stomach virus or food poisoning.
  3. The common cold. This is less daunting than the flu, but last about two weeks.

I am sure that there are others, but these top three are the worst.

Can You Believe That?

Wow! This book is getting so suspenseful! I never thought that the man with the yellow suit would be so disgusting. I never knew that he would be looking for them. I suspected that he know something, but not the fact that his grandma knew Miles’s children and the odd family.  This is so good! I was shocked that he was going to make Winnie drink the water for his demonstration. She would be 10 forever! That is cruel!

But not the constable is there! He won’t believe anything that they will have to say about the stranger. He will think that the family is a bunch of dangerous criminals. How will they get away? No, horse!  But then again, the stranger’s horse could be Tuck’s horse. I am not sure if he left it at the Foster’s house. I can’t remember!

Tuck Everlasting-To Drink or Not To Drink

This book is so good so far!  There is a lot of description sometimes that is good to read. Other times I wish Natalie Babbitt would just get on with it. The suspense is getting to me. Should she tell everyone the secret?  I hope not. I think that there is great value as  in letting life happen. I wouldn’t want Winnie’s grandma to drink the water. I wouldn’t want Winnie to drink it being 10 years old. There’s so much for her to experience in life. I agree 100% with Tuck. I think that I would be bored being the same for 104 years. What would be the point of it all. There would never be any challenges.  Don’t drink the water from the spring! DON’T DO IT!

Reading Responce CatWings

Today i read a book called CatWings.The reason that the Author picked that title is because the book is about some cats that grew up with wings.And you might think this book is weird but i think is iteresting and this book is totaly fiction cause theres no cats with wings in earth.Or theres no such thing as cats with wings.Ok now lets focus on what the book is about.Well the book is about that the mom of the 4 cats is worried or confused of why the cats grew up with wings.So then the mom told the cats that its time for them to go and find owners cause they where not babys anymore and then the cats huged there mom and said that they will miss her and then they where leaving but before they left the mom told them to not go to the ground but to fly.And then they found two kids witch where a girl,and a boy.So those where their owners.And they went to visit their mom once i a while.

Reading Response

Today I started reading Percy Jackson And The Olympians . So far I love this book I left of in the part where the boy gets on a bus and then he finds  a girl and she starts talking about her dad that he dies . His dad did not  exactly die his mom told her that her dad   went t to sail the Atlantic  ocean and that he got lost. Then the girl stayed with her uncle and then he got cancer . She had to quit school  (  she was a senior  ) she quit school because she had to take care of her uncle. Then her uncle died . After he died , she was left with no money , and no diploma . Her mom married another guy which  girl did not like . Once when she came from school she found him with his friends smoking and and drinking beer.